region-precedence

  • Dave Pawson
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 21, 2003
      rec says

      The inline-progression-dimension of the region-viewport-area is determined
      by the precedence trait on
      the fo:region-before. If the value of the precedence trait is true, then
      the inline-progression-dimension
      extends up to the start-edge and end-edge of the content-rectangle of the
      page-reference-area.

      If no only the margin-top is defined I'm happy with this.
      However,
      If the margins are defined using the short-form,
      <fo:region-body region-name="xsl-region-body" margin="20mm"/>

      and no region-start, say, is defined,

      when I state a precedence on the region-before,
      <fo:region-before
      precedence="false"
      region-name="xsl-region-before"
      extent="20mm" />

      Its ignored, and extends to the edges of the page.
      I can't see any mention of this in the rec?

      Is it presumed.... or did I miss it?

      TIA DaveP
    • David Tolpin
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 21, 2003
        > rec says
        >
        > The inline-progression-dimension of the region-viewport-area is determined
        > by the precedence trait on
        > the fo:region-before. If the value of the precedence trait is true, then
        > the inline-progression-dimension
        > extends up to the start-edge and end-edge of the content-rectangle of the
        > page-reference-area.
        >

        > and no region-start, say, is defined,
        >
        > when I state a precedence on the region-before,
        > <fo:region-before
        > precedence="false"
        > region-name="xsl-region-before"
        > extent="20mm" />
        >
        > Its ignored, and extends to the edges of the page.
        > I can't see any mention of this in the rec?

        : A value of false specifies that this region does not extend up to the
        : start-edge and end-edge of the content-rectangle of the page-reference-area,
        : but has its inline-progression-dimension reduced by the incursions of the
        : adjacent regions.

        No adjacent regions means no incursion.

        David Tolpin
      • Dave Pawson
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 21, 2003
          At 14:05 21/12/2003, David Tolpin wrote:

          >: A value of false specifies that this region does not extend up to the
          >: start-edge and end-edge of the content-rectangle of the page-reference-area,
          >: but has its inline-progression-dimension reduced by the incursions of the
          >: adjacent regions.
          >
          >No adjacent regions means no incursion.

          That's what I missed.

          Thanks David.

          regards DaveP
        • christian brugeron
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 21, 2003
            Hello,
            I want a 2 column composition to be bottom aligned.
            I mean that instead of being aligned on the top of each column, the last
            baselines should be aligned, not the top line.
            Any clue?
            Thanks
            Christian

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 21, 2003
              At 2003-12-21 23:13 +0100, christian brugeron wrote:
              >I want a 2 column composition to be bottom aligned.
              >I mean that instead of being aligned on the top of each column, the last
              >baselines should be aligned, not the top line.

              Use display-align="after" on the <region-body> and all columns will be
              aligned to the after edge of the page ... which doesn't mean last baselines
              if you are using different font sizes, but if you are using the same font
              size then the baselines will coincidentally aligned on the last line.

              This works with both Antenna House and XEP.

              I hope this helps.

              ................................ Ken

              --
              North America (Washington, DC): 3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2004-02-09
              Instructor-led on-site corporate, government & user group training

              ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
              ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
              ISBN 1-894049-11-X Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
              Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners: http://XMLGuild.info
            • christian brugeron
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 21, 2003
                Thank you, Ken, but I forgot to mention that while it is a 2 column
                construct, sometimes I have a span=all, and I would like the preceding
                columns to be aligned at their bottom, instead of their top.

                Is it understandable?

                Christian

                At 2003-12-21 23:13 +0100, christian brugeron wrote:
                >I want a 2 column composition to be bottom aligned.
                >I mean that instead of being aligned on the top of each column, the
                last
                >baselines should be aligned, not the top line.

                Use display-align="after" on the <region-body> and all columns will be
                aligned to the after edge of the page ... which doesn't mean last
                baselines
                if you are using different font sizes, but if you are using the same
                font
                size then the baselines will coincidentally aligned on the last line.

                This works with both Antenna House and XEP.

                I hope this helps.

                ................................ Ken

                --
                North America (Washington, DC): 3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2004-02-09
                Instructor-led on-site corporate, government & user group training
                for XSLT and XSL-FO world-wide: please contact us for the details

                ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
                ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
                ISBN 1-894049-11-X Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
                Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners: http://XMLGuild.info

                _____

                Yahoo! Groups Links