Re: [XSL-FO] Hey i had a question

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2003
      At 2003-12-20 19:41 +0000, arianhojat2000 wrote:
      >I was working on my first XSL-FO.

      Welcome!

      >and i used the King james bible(as
      >XML) as a test hehe (1800 pages = 10 MB). for some reason i cannot
      >get the table of contents to work... i refer to the future id.s of
      >chapters being created but this does not work (page citation in
      >toc)...

      Did you remember to add the id= anchors in your area tree on the pages
      where these citations will be resolved?

      >If i omit the page citations it works fine but i would like
      >to get them to work... would anyone take the challenge of looking at
      >my XML and XSL stylesheet or FO file and tell me what i am doing
      >wrong... FOP and XINC formatters give me errors at same page. start
      >of 3rd page sequence. i thought this was becasue the 'books' name
      >was 'Samual 1'and the chapter 1... (i use cook and chapter name to
      >create ids ("1Samual 1" has a space) so i formatted them with
      >trnaslate xsl function to be "1Samual1" for the ids/referecnes. still
      >gets same error at this sequence.

      I suggest instead you use generate-id() of the node that begins each item
      being listed in the TOC ... this will guarantee uniqueness and be automatic
      rather than derived.

      >Warning the xml file is 10 MB and FO is like 15 MB. xls is small file.
      >i will post this file online if u would like to take a look.

      Shouldn't need to just yet ... many people requesting help will excerpt
      short fragments that illuminate the problem they are having. Hopefully
      these tips will help.

      >If u want to answer a small quesrtion of mine too instead of that
      >larger question... answer this... How can i make a block from never
      >being "cut by a page", like i want all chapters blocks to start on a
      >new page(odd or even doesnt matter)?

      <block break-before="page" ...

      I hope this helps ... have fun!

      .................. Ken

      p.s. contacts of ours in a dozen cities around the world are considering
      hosting us for locally-delivered hands-on training ... check the list on
      our home page and contact us if you are interested in attending and we'll
      let the contacts know; note that for the Washington DC delivery we still
      don't have enough students pre-registered and we may have to cancel it if
      we don't get enough to cover our costs.

      --
      North America (Washington, DC): 3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2004-02-09
      Instructor-led on-site corporate, government & user group training

      ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
      ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
      ISBN 1-894049-11-X Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
      Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners: http://XMLGuild.info
    • arianhojat2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 21, 2003
        Hey yeh i have references actually work... i have links which without
        the page citations work... but somehow when i refer to their pages
        they dont... here is my xsl file

        http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~ah49/xmltestfiles/btoc.xsl

        http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~ah49/xmltestfiles/b.xml

        they dont work though. that bible might take a while to load. so just
        take a look at its 'setup' or open with notepad.