verbatim in FO

  • Ginger Young
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2001
      I have a customer who wants to have verbatim. This verbatim is like HTML's <pre> </pre> tags. Meaning that lines are displayed exactly as they are typed in, honoring spaces and line breaks.

      They will only allow one element in the DTD to do this, and no attributes.

      This is easy when creating an HTML document, but they also want PDF and MIF(Framemaker) documentation.

      I have solutions on how to fix this, but nothing just using FO. I'm using Apache's latest version: Fop-0.19.0-CVS.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2001
        At 01/07/03 14:38 -0600, Ginger Young wrote:
        >I have a customer who wants to have verbatim. This verbatim is like HTML's
        ><pre> </pre> tags. Meaning that lines are displayed exactly as they are
        >typed in,

        Typically this requires a monospaced font such as font-family="Courier".

        >honoring spaces

        white-space-collapse="false"

        >and line breaks.

        linefeed-treatment="preserve"

        I hope this helps.

        Web site: XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, training, products.
        Book: Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath ISBN 1-894049-06-3
        Article: What is XSLT? http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/08/holman/index.html
        Next public instructor-led training: 2001-08-12,08-13,09-19,10-01,
        - 10-04,10-22,10-29,02-02

        Training Blitz: 3-days XSLT/XPath, 2-days XSLFO in Ottawa 2001-10-01/05