default-space="strip" indent-result="yes" not working..why ???

  • sguy_chennai
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
      <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
      xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">

      when i use the above it is working.....

      when i use the below it is not working...it says Error..

      xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" result-ns="fo" indent-
      result="yes" default-space="strip" indent-result="yes">

      i want to use 2 attributes...why it says error..

      default-space="strip"
      indent-result="yes"

      is ther is any way to implement this...
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2003
        sguy_chennai wrote:

        <snip/>

        > when i use the below it is not working...it says Error..

        > xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" result-ns="fo" indent-
        > result="yes" default-space="strip" indent-result="yes">

        you cannot place indent-result and default-space onto the stylesheet
        element. Instead place the following elements just below the stylesheet
        element:

        <xsl:output indent="yes"/>
        <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>

        > i want to use 2 attributes...why it says error..

        it is always helpful to know the precise error message

        Chris
      • J.Pietschmann
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2003
          sguy_chennai wrote:
          > xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" result-ns="fo" indent-
          > result="yes" default-space="strip" indent-result="yes">
          >
          > i want to use 2 attributes...why it says error..

          The xsl:stylesheet element doesn't have the attributes result-ns,
          result, default-space or indent-result. Have a look at the spec
          http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt
          for allowed attributes.

          J.Pietschmann
        • Laurent
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2003
            STOP SENDING YOUR MESSAGES TO ME PERSONAL !!!

            --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "sguy_chennai" <sguy_chennai@y...>

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2003
              Thanks a lot...it is working fine....Really thanks for your kind help
              for myself...i will like to answers all questions to this group
              whichever i know....

              Once again ..thanks

              --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@h...>
              wrote:
              > sguy_chennai wrote:
              >
              > <snip/>
              >

              > > when i use the below it is not working...it says Error..
              > >

              > > <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
              > > xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" result-ns="fo"
              indent-
              > > result="yes" default-space="strip" indent-result="yes">
              >
              > you cannot place indent-result and default-space onto the
              stylesheet
              > element. Instead place the following elements just below the
              stylesheet
              > element:
              >
              > <xsl:output indent="yes"/>
              > <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>
              >

              > > i want to use 2 attributes...why it says error..
              >
              > it is always helpful to know the precise error message
              >
              > Chris
            • sguy_chennai
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2003
                Yes..thanks..i am wrong in declaration..

                --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@y...> wrote:
                > sguy_chennai wrote:
                > > <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
                > > xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" result-ns="fo"
                indent-
                > > result="yes" default-space="strip" indent-result="yes">
                > >
                > > i want to use 2 attributes...why it says error..
                >
                > The xsl:stylesheet element doesn't have the attributes result-ns,
                > result, default-space or indent-result. Have a look at the spec
                > http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt
                > for allowed attributes.
                >
                > J.Pietschmann
              • sguy_chennai
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 2, 2003
                  i am sorry for the inconvenience i made to all by sending mail to
                  their yahoo id..

                  as i am beginner and also i need some questions to be clarified
                  urgently...i send mails to yahoo ids.

                  sorry....here after you won't receieve any personal mails...

                  in case of urgent...please forgive me and try to solve and answer...