RE: [XSL-FO] Problem with Creating Empty Blocks and Comparing and Displaying

  • Victor Vishnyakov
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hi,

      > 2) example..
      >
      > cell 1 cell 2 cell 3
      >
      > a1 b1 c1
      > a2 b2
      > a3 b3 c2
      >

      > in the cell one i having getting 3 elements ..i the cell 2 i am
      > getting 3 elements.
      > in the cell3 i am getting 2 elements
      >
      > if i got 4 elements in cell2 ..i have to display the cell3 - c2
      > element in the same order
      > of the fourth element like below
      >
      > cell 1 cell 2 cell 3
      >
      > a1 b1 c1
      > a2 b2
      > a3 b3
      > b4 c2
      >
      > if the cell 2 has only 3 blocks i have to display like the first
      > one...

      Try inserting invisible table into "cell 3"; align "c1" and "c2" into
      two cell with different vertical align

      > 3) and also i need to use empty blocks in some other tables...i used
      > <fo:block/> to force a new line

      It works fine to me.

      > but i could not able to achieve that...

      You might try allocating each paragraph in single block:

      <fo:block>Line 1</fo:block>
      <fo:block>Line 2</fo:block>

      Instead of using

      Line 1
      <fo:block/>
      Line 2

      Regards,
      Victor Vishnyakov
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
        sguy_chennai wrote:

        <snip/>

        > 3) and also i need to use empty blocks in some other tables...i used
        > <fo:block/> to force a new line
        > but i could not able to achieve that...

        empty blocks are generally collapsed. Put a nbsp inside the block, e.g.

        <fo:block> </fo:block>

        Chris
      • Laurent
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2003
          STOP SENDING YOUR MESSAGES TO ME PERSONAL !!!

          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "sguy_chennai" <sguy_chennai@y...>