Problem with Creating Empty Blocks and Comparing and Displaying

  • sguy_chennai
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      Explanation

      1) i am having a table row which has 3 cells

      each cell may have block accoreding to the xsl:for-each elements
      selected..below is my
      selection

      2) example..

      cell 1 cell 2 cell 3

      a1 b1 c1
      a2 b2
      a3 b3 c2

      in the cell one i having getting 3 elements ..i the cell 2 i am
      getting 3 elements.
      in the cell3 i am getting 2 elements

      if i got 4 elements in cell2 ..i have to display the cell3 - c2
      element in the same order
      of the fourth element like below

      cell 1 cell 2 cell 3

      a1 b1 c1
      a2 b2
      a3 b3
      b4 c2

      if the cell 2 has only 3 blocks i have to display like the first
      one...

      3) and also i need to use empty blocks in some other tables...i used
      <fo:block/> to force a new line
      but i could not able to achieve that...

      Please Help....
    • Victor Vishnyakov
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003

        > 2) example..
        >
        > cell 1 cell 2 cell 3
        >
        > a1 b1 c1
        > a2 b2
        > a3 b3 c2
        >

        > in the cell one i having getting 3 elements ..i the cell 2 i am
        > getting 3 elements.
        > in the cell3 i am getting 2 elements
        >
        > if i got 4 elements in cell2 ..i have to display the cell3 - c2
        > element in the same order
        > of the fourth element like below
        >
        > cell 1 cell 2 cell 3
        >
        > a1 b1 c1
        > a2 b2
        > a3 b3
        > b4 c2
        >
        > if the cell 2 has only 3 blocks i have to display like the first
        > one...

        Try inserting invisible table into "cell 3"; align "c1" and "c2" into
        two cell with different vertical align

        > 3) and also i need to use empty blocks in some other tables...i used
        > <fo:block/> to force a new line

        It works fine to me.

        > but i could not able to achieve that...

        You might try allocating each paragraph in single block:

        <fo:block>Line 1</fo:block>
        <fo:block>Line 2</fo:block>

        Instead of using

        Line 1
        <fo:block/>
        Line 2

        Regards,
        Victor Vishnyakov
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
          sguy_chennai wrote:

          <snip/>

          > 3) and also i need to use empty blocks in some other tables...i used
          > <fo:block/> to force a new line
          > but i could not able to achieve that...

          empty blocks are generally collapsed. Put a nbsp inside the block, e.g.

          <fo:block> </fo:block>

          Chris
        • Laurent
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2003
            STOP SENDING YOUR MESSAGES TO ME PERSONAL !!!

            --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "sguy_chennai" <sguy_chennai@y...>