xrefs

  • Norma Yeazell
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      I'm trying to get my xrefs to work properly, maybe I'm going about this
      the wrong way, can anyone help?

      What I want is to have the actual figure number which is generated to
      appear beside the word Fig.
      As in: See Fig. 3 for details.

      The xml looks like :

      See <xref xrefid="figure-1" xidtype="figure"></xref> for details.

      This is what I have right now in my FO and I get "See Fig. 0 for
      details."

      <xsl:template match="xref">
      <fo:basic-link background-color="lightblue"
      internal-destination="{@xrefid <BLOCKED::mailto:{@xrefid> }">
      <xsl:text>Fig. </xsl:text>
      <xsl:number count="figure" level="any" from="mainfunc" format="1
      "/>
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
      </xsl:template>

      Here is snipet of format for figure template

      <xsl:template match="figure">
      <fo:block text-align="center" font-style="italic"
      keep-together.within-page="always">
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
      </fo:block>
      </xsl:template>

      <xsl:template match="graphic">
      <fo:wrapper keep-together.within-page="always">
      <fo:external-graphic src="{@boardno}"/
      <BLOCKED::mailto:{@boardno}"/> >
      <fo:block space-after="5mm" id="{generate-id(.)}">
      <xsl:text>Fig
      </xsl:text>
      <xsl:number count="figure" level="any" from="mainfunc" format="1
      "/>
      <xsl:value-of select="preceding-sibling::title"/>
      <xsl:if test="preceding-sibling::sheet">
      <xsl:text> Sheet
      </xsl:text>
      <xsl:number count="sheet" level="any" from="figure"
      format="1 "/>
      <xsl:text> of
      </xsl:text>
      <xsl:value-of select="preceding-sibling::sheet/@total"/>
      </xsl:if>
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
      </fo:block>
      </fo:wrapper>
      </xsl:template>

      Any suggestions would be appreciated.
      Thanks

      Confidentiality Notice
      The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for use only by the person(s) or organization listed in the address. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender at O'Neil & Associates, Inc., immediately. Any copying, dissemination, or distribution of this communication, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
        Norma Yeazell wrote:
        > I'm trying to get my xrefs to work properly, maybe I'm going about this
        > the wrong way, can anyone help?
        >
        > What I want is to have the actual figure number which is generated to
        > appear beside the word Fig.
        > As in: See Fig. 3 for details.
        >
        > The xml looks like :
        >
        > See <xref xrefid="figure-1" xidtype="figure"></xref> for details.

        It would be helpful if we could see a bit more of your XML.

        > This is what I have right now in my FO and I get "See Fig. 0 for
        > details."
        >
        > <xsl:template match="xref">
        > <fo:basic-link background-color="lightblue"
        > internal-destination="{@xrefid <BLOCKED::mailto:{@xrefid> }">
        > <xsl:text>Fig. </xsl:text>
        > <xsl:number count="figure" level="any" from="mainfunc" format="1
        > "/>

        Have you tried <xsl:number count="figure" format="1"/>

        Its just a guess at this stage. In order to suggest what this needs to
        be I would need more information on the structure of your XML.

        <snip/>

        Chris
      • J.Pietschmann
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
          Norma Yeazell wrote:
          > I'm trying to get my xrefs to work properly, maybe I'm going about this
          > the wrong way, can anyone help?

          What does this mean? Do you get errors? Which errors? Is
          a PDF generated?

          > internal-destination="{@xrefid <BLOCKED::mailto:{@xrefid> }">
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          This is not a valid XPath expression, as it should be.

          > <xsl:text>Fig. </xsl:text>
          > <xsl:number count="figure" level="any" from="mainfunc" format="1

          It's hard to decide whether this is correct without having a look
          at the complete input. The spec says
          "If the 'from' attribute is specified, then only nodes after the first
          node before the current node that match the from pattern are
          considered."
          Maybe there is no mainfunc element starting before the xref element in
          question?

          > <xsl:template match="graphic">
          > <fo:wrapper keep-together.within-page="always">
          > <fo:external-graphic src="{@boardno}"/
          > <BLOCKED::mailto:{@boardno}"/> >
          Uh, another XML syntax error. Is this your mail client going berserk or
          what?

          J.Pietschmann
        • Norma Yeazell
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
            Sorry for some reason my email added some garbage
            <BLOCKED::mailto:{@xrefid> and <BLOCKED::mailto:{@boardno} this part is
            not in my template.

            > I'm trying to get my xrefs to work properly, maybe I'm going about
            > this the wrong way, can anyone help?

            What does this mean? Do you get errors? Which errors? Is a PDF
            generated?

            > internal-destination="{@xrefid <BLOCKED::mailto:{@xrefid> }">
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            This is not a valid XPath expression, as it should be.

            > <xsl:text>Fig. </xsl:text>
            > <xsl:number count="figure" level="any" from="mainfunc"
            > format="1

            It's hard to decide whether this is correct without having a look at the
            complete input. The spec says
            "If the 'from' attribute is specified, then only nodes after the
            first
            node before the current node that match the from pattern are
            considered."
            Maybe there is no mainfunc element starting before the xref element in
            question?

            > <xsl:template match="graphic">
            > <fo:wrapper keep-together.within-page="always">
            > <fo:external-graphic src="{@boardno}"/
            > <BLOCKED::mailto:{@boardno}"/> >
            Uh, another XML syntax error. Is this your mail client going berserk or
            what?

            J.Pietschmann

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/