Re: [XSL-FO] How to write a stylesheet for this probelm?

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2003
      At 2003-11-20 15:30 +0700, Dao Xuan Nam wrote:
      >I have the following question. Assume that I have the following XML file:
      >And I want to write a stylesheet that after parsing this XML file, it counts
      >the number of those elements which have the same modelCD and colorCD and
      >report that in some way, say in a table (in HTML) like the following and
      >order based on alphabetic
      >Does anyone know how to write this stylsheet like that?

      Use grouping approaches determine the unique values and then count the ones
      that exist for each. See
      http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping/muenchian.html for a discussion
      of one method of grouping.

      >I am using XSL-FO to create report.

      That is irrelevant to the task of finding and counting the unique
      values. Using XSLT to do the finding and the counting, your stylesheet
      would then produce HTML, XSL-FO, text or any other way you may wish to
      report the results.

      I hope this helps.

      --
      Next public European delivery: 3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2004-01-??
      Instructor-led on-site corporate, government & user group training

      ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
      ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
      ISBN 1-894049-11-X Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
      Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners: http://XMLGuild.info