Re: [XSL-FO] Staus of Apps

  • Kenneth J. Hughes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2001
      Hi Lee,

      I've successfully used RenderX's XEP to generate both PDF and PS from
      FO input that was created by heavily customized XSL stylesheets for
      DocBook. We pushed the product hard, and in the two cases (EPS graphics
      inclusion into PS and support for proportional column width in tables)
      where we were encountered limitations, RenderX improved the product
      quickly enough for us to meet our schedule. (We did pay a reasonable
      fee for accelerated delivery of the fixes but were happy to receive
      the prompt and directed attention.)

      Our DocBook documents were fairly extensive, with tables, footnotes,
      headers, footers, graphics, etc. We got good results with Norm's
      base XSLT transformations to XSL-FO, and then I customized the look
      heavily from there. XEP stood up well whatever FOs we threw at it.
      Technical support was excellent.

      I'd be happy to help with specific questions on this effort or, where
      appropriate, to provide consulting services for substantial, similar
      efforts.

      Cheers,

      Kenneth J. Hughes
      Entelechy Corporation