Re: [XSL-FO] Context dependant static content

  • J.Pietschmann
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2003
      donberendsen wrote:
      > How can I select the <SectionHeader> child elements for the header so
      > I can count and display them?

      Use fo:marker and fo:retrieve-marker, roughly like
      <xsl:template match="SectionHeader">
      <fo:marker marker-class-name="section-header">
      <fo:table>....
      </fo:table>
      </fo:marker>
      </xsl:template>
      And use in the static content
      <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="section-header"
      retrieve-boundary="page-sequence"/>

      Look up the details in the spec or in D.Pawsons book, as usual.

      > I know how to do the count and display
      > but can't select the correct <SectionHeader> for each page to count
      > and display.

      Be careful, don't mix XSLT and XSLFO inappropriately. It's a
      two stage process.

      J.Pietschmann