RE: [XSL-FO] Table Cells Split

  • Ryan Graham
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
      >Hi everybody, I am a long-time listener, but a first-time caller.
      >Using fo I created a table that consists of a variable number of rows
      >(I have no control over the exact size of the table or the text
      >contained within it). When the table flows over to another page it
      >will split the cells between the two pages. I want to ensure that the
      >cells never split and that any row that would force a split is
      >rendered completely on the next page. Is there an easy way to do this?

      Try:

      <fo:table-row keep-together.within-page="always">

      I haven't tested this, but in theory it should work.

      Also note that this is formatter specific. If you are using FOP, I'm afraid
      there is currently no support for any keep-together properties. XEP does
      support them though. Not sure about the others, but check your formatter's
      documentation if you aren't using one of the above mentioned.

      HTH,
      RG
    • hoenis
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
        Thanks for the assistance... Unfortunately I am using the latest
        version of FOP (fop-0.20.5) and it doesn't appear to support the
        keep-together attribute... I guess it is allright, I just thought that
        it would appear more professional if it were not split across pages.
        Maybe the next release will address this issue...

        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Graham <ryan.graham@a...> wrote:

        > >Hi everybody, I am a long-time listener, but a first-time caller.
        > >Using fo I created a table that consists of a variable number of rows
        > >(I have no control over the exact size of the table or the text
        > >contained within it). When the table flows over to another page it
        > >will split the cells between the two pages. I want to ensure that the
        > >cells never split and that any row that would force a split is
        > >rendered completely on the next page. Is there an easy way to do this?
        >
        > Try:
        >
        > <fo:table-row keep-together.within-page="always">
        >
        > I haven't tested this, but in theory it should work.
        >
        > Also note that this is formatter specific. If you are using FOP,
        I'm afraid
        > there is currently no support for any keep-together properties. XEP
        does
        > support them though. Not sure about the others, but check your
        formatter's
        > documentation if you aren't using one of the above mentioned.
        >
        > HTH,
        > RG
      • Stefan Heineke
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
          I am using

          <fo:table-row keep-together='always'>

          with FOP 0.20.5 and it does what you intended. Although, I am putting
          the whole table into a single row (as nested table) because I want to
          avoid the table to break over pages. But basically, this works.

          Stefan Heineke
          Applied Predictive Technologies

          ***This electronic message transmission contains information from Applied
          Predictive Technologies, Inc. (APT) which may be confidential or privileged.
          The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity
          named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
          disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information
          is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error,
          please destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email
          immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message
          that do not relate to the official business of APT shall be understood as
          neither given nor endorsed by it.***

          Thanks for the assistance... Unfortunately I am using the latest
          version of FOP (fop-0.20.5) and it doesn't appear to support the
          keep-together attribute... I guess it is allright, I just thought that
          it would appear more professional if it were not split across pages.
          Maybe the next release will address this issue...

          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Graham <ryan.graham@a...> wrote:

          > >Hi everybody, I am a long-time listener, but a first-time caller.
          > >Using fo I created a table that consists of a variable number of rows
          > >(I have no control over the exact size of the table or the text
          > >contained within it). When the table flows over to another page it
          > >will split the cells between the two pages. I want to ensure that the
          > >cells never split and that any row that would force a split is
          > >rendered completely on the next page. Is there an easy way to do this?
          >
          > Try:
          >
          > <fo:table-row keep-together.within-page="always">
          >
          > I haven't tested this, but in theory it should work.
          >
          > Also note that this is formatter specific. If you are using FOP,
          I'm afraid
          > there is currently no support for any keep-together properties. XEP
          does
          > support them though. Not sure about the others, but check your
          formatter's
          > documentation if you aren't using one of the above mentioned.
          >
          > HTH,
          > RG

        • Ryan Graham
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
            >Hey guys, thanks for the help, I have finally figured it out and got
            >it to work. I just checked the documentation for FOP and it indicated
            >that it does support the keep-together property. The syntax though is

            I guess FOP just doesn't support the extended properties of keep-together
            (i.e. within-line, within-page, etc.). I didn't realize there was limited
            support for this now, as I haven't used FOP in ages.

            -RG