Table Cells Split

  • hoenis
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
      Hi everybody, I am a long-time listener, but a first-time caller.
      Using fo I created a table that consists of a variable number of rows
      (I have no control over the exact size of the table or the text
      contained within it). When the table flows over to another page it
      will split the cells between the two pages. I want to ensure that the
      cells never split and that any row that would force a split is
      rendered completely on the next page. Is there an easy way to do this?
    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
        hoenis wrote:

        > Hi everybody, I am a long-time listener, but a first-time caller.
        > Using fo I created a table that consists of a variable number of rows
        > (I have no control over the exact size of the table or the text
        > contained within it). When the table flows over to another page it
        > will split the cells between the two pages. I want to ensure that the
        > cells never split and that any row that would force a split is
        > rendered completely on the next page. Is there an easy way to do this?

        Try a keep-toghether="true" on the table rows (check spelling/value
        against the spec or a book).

        J.Pietschmann
      • Roland Neilands
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
          > > I want to ensure that the
          > > cells never split and that any row that would force a split is
          > > rendered completely on the next page. Is there an easy way to do this?
          >
          > Try a keep-toghether="true" on the table rows (check spelling/value
          > against the spec or a book).

          This works fine in FOP:
          <fo:table-row keep-together="always">

          Cheers,
          Roland
        • hoenis
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
            Hey guys, thanks for the help, I have finally figured it out and got
            it to work. I just checked the documentation for FOP and it indicated
            that it does support the keep-together property. The syntax though is