Re: [XSL-FO] Amplification of FOP Error Messages

  • Christian Duschl
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
      if you want, send the file to me.
      i will load in into my fo- tool and if your lucky, it tells me, where the
      problem is.
      regards

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
        >From: "J. David Eisenberg" <david@...>
        >
        >Is there a way to have FOP display the text that was currently being
        >processed when an [ERROR] null occurs?

        You can tell FOP to output debug level messages by specifying the -d switch
        at the command line. This will usually result in a java stack trace begin
        generated for the [ERROR] null that you mention. This will only be helpful
        if you have some knowledge of java programming. If this doesnt help you then
        post the stack trace to this list and i will try to advise.

        <snip/>

      • J. David Eisenberg
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Bowditch" <bowditch_chris@h...>
          wrote:
          > >From: "J. David Eisenberg" <david@c...>
          > >
          > >Is there a way to have FOP display the text that was currently
          being
          > >processed when an [ERROR] null occurs?
          > >

          > You can tell FOP to output debug level messages by specifying the -d
          switch
          > at the command line. This will usually result in a java stack trace
          begin
          > generated for the [ERROR] null that you mention. This will only be
          helpful
          > if you have some knowledge of java programming. If this doesnt help
          you then
          > post the stack trace to this list and i will try to advise.
          >
          > <snip/>
          >
          > Chris

          I downloaded the source and put some debug output into createWord(),
          then recompiled. It appears to be an <orderedlist> being converted to
          an <fo:list-block> that is causing all the problems. I should
          probably post it to the fop-dev mailing list.