[ADMIN] Membership now moderated again

  • andrewwatt2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2003
      Unfortunately, with two pieces of spam to the list in 24 hours I feel
      it is better to put joining of the list on moderator approval of all
      applications for new membership. Without that there is no convenient
      way to stop someone joining simply to spam the list a few minutes
      later.

      The down side is that legitimate new members are delayed in joining.

      Andrew Watt
    • W. Hugh Chatfield I.S.P.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2003
        If that's what it take to stop the inhabitants of "Night of the Brain Dead"
        ... then so be it. Thanks....Hugh
        W. Hugh Chatfield I.S.P.
        CyberSpace Industries 2000 Inc.
        XML Consulting & Training
        http://www.urbanmarket.com/csi2000
        Visit Historic Perth Ontario: http://www.all-about-perth.com

        Check out our Smart Capital Initiatives at:
        http://ato.smartcapital.ca/xml
        http://ato.smartcapital.ca/perth

        Unfortunately, with two pieces of spam to the list in 24 hours I feel
        it is better to put joining of the list on moderator approval of all
        applications for new membership. Without that there is no convenient
        way to stop someone joining simply to spam the list a few minutes
        later.

        The down side is that legitimate new members are delayed in joining.

        Andrew Watt

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Ganesh Rajadhyaksha
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2003
          I very well agree with Andrew. That would be very good
          thing to do ...

          --- "W. Hugh Chatfield I.S.P."