Re: [XSL-FO] Extending objects

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2001
      At 01/06/07 22:42 +0000, jdware@... wrote:
      > Is it possible to define a "derived"(in an object oriented context)
      >fo-object?

      Not that I can read in the document.

      >What I would like to do is to have a jdw:table-cell which could be
      >used in place of a fo:table-cell and would have, by default, a blue
      >border around it. I would like to avoid specifing the border on every
      >cell in a table.

      I can think of the following schemes that could possibly help you with this:

      (1) - specifying the "inherit" value for the property and setting the
      property on the table, table row, or table column object

      (2) - if you are using XSLT to create the XSLFO using named attribute sets
      for common properties and naming the attribute set "jdw:table-cell" (the
      use of the namespace will reduce possibilities for collisions with other
      stylesheet fragments)

      (3) - a combination of the two

      I hope this helps.

      Web site: XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, training, products.
      Book: Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath ISBN 1-894049-06-3
      Article: What is XSLT? http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/08/holman/index.html
      Next public instructor-led training: 2001-06-18,06-21,08-12,08-13,09-19

      Training Blitz: 3-days XSLT/XPath, 2-days XSLFO in Ottawa 2001-06-18/22