Re: TOC in PDF?

  • shrestha@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2001
      You might want to see http://www.renderx.com/tutorial.html. I do not
      know if it is any easier than the other examples you mentioned,
      though.

      --- In XSL-FO@y..., "Joe D. Williams" <joe_d_williams@m...> wrote:
      > Greetings.
      >
      > I am trying to write an XSL style sheet that will generate a TOC
      with page numbers mapped to the element "section" in my XML instance.

      > So far, I am able to build the TOC as a table, using <xsl:for-each
      select="//section/title"> to build the rows. This doesn't give me
      page numbers, though.

      > Or, I can input each row by hand and use <fo:page-number-citation>
      to generate the page number (using ref-id for each section).

      > This would be OK on my present project, but on a huge document, it
      would be too labor-intensive.

      > I have checked out Dave Pawson's examples and Norman Walsh's
      DocBook XSL style sheets and, frankly, both are a little over my head.