TOC in PDF?

  • Joe D. Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7 11:46 AM
      Greetings.

      I am trying to write an XSL style sheet that will generate a TOC with page numbers mapped to the element "section" in my XML instance.

      So far, I am able to build the TOC as a table, using <xsl:for-each select="//section/title"> to build the rows. This doesn't give me page numbers, though.

      Or, I can input each row by hand and use <fo:page-number-citation> to generate the page number (using ref-id for each section).

      This would be OK on my present project, but on a huge document, it would be too labor-intensive.

      I have checked out Dave Pawson's examples and Norman Walsh's DocBook XSL style sheets and, frankly, both are a little over my head.

      Anyone got any tips for a non-programmer, tech writer type?

      Thanks.

      Joe
    • shrestha@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7 1:12 PM
        You might want to see http://www.renderx.com/tutorial.html. I do not
        know if it is any easier than the other examples you mentioned,
        though.