Re: [XSL-FO] Re: Text Rotation in a table cell

  • David Tolpin
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
      > Ken:
      >
      > I am using FOP 0.20.5 and it is specified by my client.
      >
      > >>Is there any other solution to rotate the text?
      > > Probably not ... XSL-FO 1.0 defines reference-orientation= as the
      > > way to do it.
      >
      > That's the conclusion I also arrived at, just wanted to have a second
      > opinion.

      There is a tricky way with SVG in the chain. If the only thing you want
      is to have rotated headers then generate the headers on the fly as SVG
      images.

      Or better yet, get a tool that does the job in a natural way. Both
      RenderX XEP (http://xep.xattic.com/) and AntennaHouse XSL Formatter
      (http://www.antennahouse.com/) qualify.

      David Tolpin
      http://davidashen.net/
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
        >From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@...>
        >
        >At 2003-09-30 20:18 +0000, vvelu wrote:
        >
        > >Both of
        > >them fail to work because the "reference-orientation" is not
        > >implemented yet.
        >
        >You don't say which processor you are using ... this property is
        >successfully implemented in Antenna House.

        I guess you are using FOP, since both RenderX and Antenna house both
        implement reference-orientation.

        > >Is there any other solution to rotate the text?
        >
        >Probably not ... XSL-FO 1.0 defines reference-orientation= as the way to do
        >it.

        In FOP the suggested workaround for displaying rotated text is to create a
        SVG containing rotated text and embed the SVG in your XSL-FO via
        instream-foreign-object.