[Announcement] 3B2-FO Market Preview Release launched: Go and have a look

  • Jürgen Haas
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2003
      Advent 3B2 is releasing of a market preview edition of 3B2-FO at Seybold San Francisco today. 3B2-FO is a high speed, reliable and feature rich XSL-FO rendering tool.

      Advent 3B2-FO software was developed in accordance with the W3C XSL 1.0 recommendation of October 15, 2001. In addition to providing compliance with the W3C XSL-FO specification, the software engine includes a number of additional functions that provide extended composition and page layout controls. These will give users more versatile document formatting capabilities resulting in higher quality document aesthetics.

      The market preview edition will be followed by the final release at the end of October 2003. At this time existing Advent customers will be able to purchase copies of 3B2-FO at a discounted price of $75.

      Go to www.3b2-fo.com for full details

      Jürgen

      --
      Jürgen Haas
      Group Technical Director

      Advent 3B2
      http://www.3b2.com

      3B2 International Conference 2003
      Coral Springs, FL, USA
      Delivering profits from structured solutions
      http://www.3b2.com/conf2003
    • B. Tommie Usdin
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2003
        At 6:45 PM +0200 9/9/03, Jürgen Haas wrote:
        >Advent 3B2 is releasing of a market preview edition of 3B2-FO at Seybold San Francisco today. 3B2-FO is a high speed, reliable and feature rich XSL-FO rendering tool.

        Cool! Are you interested in showing it off at at XML 2003 in Philadelphia?

        Please see the invitation to participate in the "XSL-FO Chef's Tools Exhibition", which I recently posted on several lists.

        -- Tommie

        Invitation to
        XSL-FO Chef's Tools Exhibition

        Where: at XML 2003, Philadelphia, PA

        When: a town meeting to be scheduled on December 8 to 12, 2003
        Also displayed in print/poster form during the conference and available
        on the conference web site with other conference materials.

        What: a technical exhibition of XSL-FO tools

        Who: one representative for each FO product or product group.

        Why: To display the variety of XSL-FO tools, demonstrating how many
        of them there are and highlighting the strengths of each.

        To Play: contact Tommie Usdin at <btusdin@...> if you
        represent an XSL-FO product. Only one representative from
        each organization may participate, and one person
        representing each open source tool.

        What: Each participant will be asked to:
        - provide information about their product(s) according
        to a questionnaire
        - provide a sample instance, which will be shared
        with all other participants
        - endeavor to render the sample instance as best they
        can
        - render a few sample instances provided by the Exhibition
        organizers
        - render the sample instances provided by each of the
        participants
        - disclose what extensions, if any, they use in doing
        the above
        - provide the rendered pages to the organizer by
        November 20, 2003
        - participate in the Exhibition on December 10

        Schedule:

        Invitations Issued: August 20, 2003
        Participants Identified: September 12, 2003
        Samples From Participants: October 1, 2003
        Samples to All: October 6, 2003
        Questionnaires to Participants: October 6, 2003
        Questionnaires Due: November 1, 2003
        Results of tests Due: November 20, 2003
        Exhibition Display: XML 2003, December 8 to 12, 2003
        XSL-FO Exhibition: Wednesday, December 10 at 7:00 PM
        Open to the Public
        at XML 2003 in Philadelphia

        B. Tommie Usdin mailto:btusdin@...
        Mulberry Technologies, Inc. http://www.mulberrytech.com
        17 West Jefferson Street Phone: 301/315-9631
        Suite 207 Direct Line: 301/315-9634
        Rockville, MD 20850 Fax: 301/315-8285
        Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML