XSL FO: Marker works nicely but takes extra space? code below - am i missing som

  • abhisheksanwal
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2003
      This is the template for the HEADER that retrieves a running header
      using a marker in FO.
      Attached below is the actual marker tag as well.

      The issue I am facing should be trivial in nature but I am not
      getting a solution.

      The marker is retrieved and shown below a horizontal rule in the
      header area. But for some odd reason there is TOO MUCH SPACE between
      the Black Horizontal Rule and the running header retrieved as a
      marker.

      I have tried changing the padding spaces, aligns, the margins and
      everything else but am not able to currently decrease that gap
      between them.
      I am thinking that I am missing something about FO markers or the
      knowledge of FO spacing & padding. ?? An expert please help out.

      <fo:table-row>
      <!-- Formatting Block for Header - LINE RULER -->
      <fo:table-cell border-bottom="4.5pt solid black" display-
      align="before" number-columns-spanned="2" padding-
      top="1mm"></fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>

      <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="Chapter-title" retrieve-
      position="first-starting-within-page" retrieve-boundary="page-
      sequence"/>
      </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>

      </fo:table-body>
      </fo:table>

      </fo:static-content>

      The code above is for retrieving the running header (chapter name)
      below a horizontal black line (rule) and showing it as a part of the
      static header.

      The code below is the actual marker:

      <fo:flow flow-name="body">

      <fo:block space-after="3pt" space-before="3pt">
      <fo:marker marker-class-name="Chapter-title">

      <fo:block text-align="left" font-family="Futura Md" font-
      style="italic" font-size="12.0pt" padding-top="4mm" font-weight="100">
      <xsl:value-of select="@Name"></xsl:value-of>
      </fo:block>

      </fo:marker>
      </fo:block>