Re: [XSL-FO] Generating Flat File

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2003
      >From: Rajendra S Rawat <rajsrawat@...>
      >
      >Hi!
      >
      >I need to generate Flat Files from XML input
      >
      >1. What should be the best approach to do so?
      >
      > a) Directly by XSLT

      I believe this is the best choice

      > b) Using XSL:FO

      This is the wrong tool for generating text files.

      > c) Using XFlat/XConvertor
      >
      >2. How can I get Multile Files from single XML, in
      >single transformation?

      I dont think this is possible using standard xsl, but can probably be done
      using xsl extensions. I cant be of more help, because Ive not done it
      before. If no one else on this list knows, you may get better responses to
      this question on the xsl-list:

      http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/

      http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
    • W. Hugh Chatfield I.S.P.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2003
        2. How can I get Multile Files from single XML, in
        single transformation?

        [W. Hugh Chatfield I.S.P.] raj.. XT has an extension that allows multiple
        file outputs from a single xml file... hugh

      • violinner
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 8, 2003
          Use redirect extension:

          version="1.0"
          xmlns:lxslt="http://xml.apache.org/xslt"
          xmlns:redirect="org.apache.xalan.lib.Redirect"
          xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/xslt/java"
          extension-element-prefixes="redirect">
          <lxslt:component prefix="redirect" elements="write open close"
          functions="">
          <lxslt:script lang="javaclass" src="org.apache.xalan.lib.Redirect"/>
          </lxslt:component>
          <redirect:write select="$myNewFileName">

          Joel

          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "W. Hugh Chatfield I.S.P."