image background

  • Blandine Jacolin
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2003
      Hello,

      I want to insert in a <fo:block> an image as
      background image.
      In the same block, I want to insert different images
      with absolute or relative position.

      I've tried with <fo:block-container> but nothing
      appears in my pdf.
      "image-background is not implemented yet"
      I'm using FOP 0.20.5

      Thanks for any help !

      Blandine

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2003
        >From: Blandine Jacolin <bljacolin@...>
        >
        >Hello,
        >
        >I want to insert in a <fo:block> an image as
        >background image.
        >In the same block, I want to insert different images
        >with absolute or relative position.
        >
        >I've tried with <fo:block-container> but nothing
        >appears in my pdf.
        >"image-background is not implemented yet"
        >I'm using FOP 0.20.5

        Am I right in thinking you want to overlay images on top of a background
        image? Currently the only place that supports background images in FOP are
        fo:region-* (body, before, after, etc) Depending on your exact requirements
        you may be able to acheive what you want by setting the size of an
        appropriate region to be the size of your required background, and then use
        a table in that region to position images in the "top layer" However,
        whether or not this is satisifactory or not depends on what else you will
        need in the page.

        http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
      • bljacolin
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 11, 2003
          Hello Chris,

          I achieved what I wanted to do, overlaying 2 or more images.
          One image has absolute position.
          The second and others are relative and must overlay my first image.
          Relative positions are given by the XML, and put into a variable.
          My images are gif.

          If it can help, my code is :

          <fo:root>
          <!-- LAYOUT MASTER-->
          <fo:layout-master-set>
          <fo:simple-page-master master-name="page"
          page-height="29.7cm" page-width="21cm"
          margin-top="0.2cm" margin-bottom="0.3cm"
          margin-left="2cm" margin-right="2cm">
          <fo:region-before extent="1cm"/>
          <fo:region-after extent="2cm"/>
          <fo:region-body margin-top="1cm" margin-bottom="1cm"/>
          </fo:simple-page-master>
          </fo:layout-master-set>

          <!--PAGE SEQUENCE-->
          <fo:page-sequence master-reference="page" font-family="serif"
          font-size="10pt" text-align="justify">
          <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
          <fo:block>MY PAGE</fo:block>
          </fo:static-content>
          <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">
          <fo:block text-align="center" font-size="8pt">Page<fo:page-
          number/></fo:block>
          </fo:static-content>

          <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
          <!-- I positionned my background image from borders
          given the absolute position.-->
          <fo:block-container position="absolute" top="250pt"
          left="10pt" height="120pt" width="210pt">
          <xsl:variable
          name="backgroundbloc1"><xsl:value-of
          select="DOCUMENT/IMAGES/IMAGE"/></xsl:variable>
          <fo:external-graphic src="file:
          {$backgroundbloc1}" position="relative" top="250pt" left="10pt"
          height="120pt" width="210pt"/>
          </fo:block-container>
          <!-- Then, I positionned other images, positions are
          given in the XML-->
          <xsl:for-each select="DOCUMENT/DRAWINGS/DRAW">
          <xsl:variable name="filename"><xsl:value-of
          select="."/></xsl:variable>
          <xsl:variable name="top"><xsl:value-of
          select="@top"/></xsl:variable>
          <xsl:variable name="left"><xsl:value-of
          select="@left"/></xsl:variable>
          <fo:block-container position="absolute"
          top="{$top}" left="{$left}" height="7pt" width="7pt">
          <fo:external-graphic src="file:{$filename}"
          position="relative" top="{$top}" left="{$left}" height="7pt"
          width="7pt"/>
          </fo:block-container>
          </xsl:for-each>
          <xsl:for-each select="DOCUMENT/DRAWINGS/DRAW2">
          <xsl:variable name="filename"><xsl:value-of
          select="."/></xsl:variable>
          <xsl:variable name="top"><xsl:value-of
          select="@top"/></xsl:variable>
          <xsl:variable name="left"><xsl:value-of
          select="@left"/></xsl:variable>
          <fo:block-container position="absolute"
          top="{$top}" left="{$left}" height="7pt" width="7pt">
          <fo:external-graphic src="file:{$filename}"
          position="relative" top="{$top}" left="{$left}" height="7pt"
          width="7pt"/>
          </fo:block-container>
          </xsl:for-each>
          <xsl:apply-templates select="DOCUMENT"/>
          </fo:flow>
          </fo:page-sequence>
          </fo:root>

          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Bowditch"