Generating Flat File

  • Rajendra S Rawat
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2003
      Hi!

      I need to generate Flat Files from XML input

      1. What should be the best approach to do so?

      a) Directly by XSLT
      b) Using XSL:FO
      c) Using XFlat/XConvertor

      2. How can I get Multile Files from single XML, in
      single transformation?

      Regards,
      Raj

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2003
        >From: Rajendra S Rawat <rajsrawat@...>
        >
        >Hi!
        >
        >I need to generate Flat Files from XML input
        >
        >1. What should be the best approach to do so?
        >
        > a) Directly by XSLT

        I believe this is the best choice

        > b) Using XSL:FO

        This is the wrong tool for generating text files.

        > c) Using XFlat/XConvertor
        >
        >2. How can I get Multile Files from single XML, in
        >single transformation?

        I dont think this is possible using standard xsl, but can probably be done
        using xsl extensions. I cant be of more help, because Ive not done it
        before. If no one else on this list knows, you may get better responses to
        this question on the xsl-list:

        http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/

        http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
      • W. Hugh Chatfield I.S.P.
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2003
          2. How can I get Multile Files from single XML, in
          single transformation?

          [W. Hugh Chatfield I.S.P.] raj.. XT has an extension that allows multiple
          file outputs from a single xml file... hugh

        • violinner
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 8, 2003
            Use redirect extension:

            version="1.0"
            xmlns:lxslt="http://xml.apache.org/xslt"
            xmlns:redirect="org.apache.xalan.lib.Redirect"
            xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/xslt/java"
            extension-element-prefixes="redirect">
            <lxslt:component prefix="redirect" elements="write open close"
            functions="">
            <lxslt:script lang="javaclass" src="org.apache.xalan.lib.Redirect"/>
            </lxslt:component>
            <redirect:write select="$myNewFileName">

            Joel

            --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "W. Hugh Chatfield I.S.P."