Preserving whitespace in PDF's with Apache FOP and XSLT transforamtion.

  • Erik Gulliksen
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2003
      Me again,

      When I use something like this;

      <fo:block line-height="12pt" font-size="9pt">
      <xsl:value-of select="./customer/@first-name" /><xsl:text> </xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="./customer/@last-name" />
      </fo:block>

      I'm a happy man when I test my PDF generation from commando line using Apache FOP cmd tools. But when I use my servlet it has a nasty habit of eliminating my most wanted space between my first-name and last-name...

      ...why? Any elegant workarounds?

      Erik

    • bljacolin
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2003
        Hello,

        Did you solve it, and how ?
        I've got the same difficulty with this code, using FOP :

        <fo:table-cell padding="5pt">
        <fo:block text-align="left">
        Client : ________<xsl:text> </xsl:text> Name : _______
        </fo:block>
        </fo:table-cell>

        Any help ?

        Thanks,
        Blandine

        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Erik Gulliksen" <maillist@p...>
        wrote:
        > Me again,
        >
        > When I use something like this;
        >
        > <fo:block line-height="12pt" font-size="9pt">
        > <xsl:value-of select="./customer/@first-name" /><xsl:text>
        </xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="./customer/@last-name" />
        > </fo:block>
        >
        > I'm a happy man when I test my PDF generation from commando line
        using Apache FOP cmd tools. But when I use my servlet it has a nasty
        habit of eliminating my most wanted space between my first-name and
        last-name...

        > ...why? Any elegant workarounds?
        >
        > Erik

      • Ganesh
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2003
          white-space-collapse="false" in fo:block works for me....if that is what
          you wanted....

          wrote:
          > Me again,
          >
          > When I use something like this;
          >
          > <fo:block line-height="12pt" font-size="9pt">
          > <xsl:value-of select="./customer/@first-name" /><xsl:text>
          </xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="./customer/@last-name" />
          > </fo:block>
          >
          > I'm a happy man when I test my PDF generation from commando line
          using Apache FOP cmd tools. But when I use my servlet it has a nasty
          habit of eliminating my most wanted space between my first-name and
          last-name...

          > ...why? Any elegant workarounds?
          >
          > Erik

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor