Re: [XSL-FO] Box overflow problem using tables Newbie question

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
      >From: "veelansu" <veelansu@...>
      >
      >I have data that must be displayed side by side so I am using nested
      >tables. The problem is that I have run into the box overflow error
      >that causes >>>> to be printed to the log and the get an Out of
      >Memory error. http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#boxoverflow

      <snip/>

      If you are getting Out of Memory Error then I suggest you read the following
      to ensure you have increased the amount of memory available to the JVM. The
      default 64M is too smal for all but the simpliest of documents.

      http://xml.apache.org/fop/running.html#memory

      ><xsl:template name="master-table">
      ><!--<fo:table table-layout="fixed" width="16.0cm">-->
      ><fo:table>
      ><fo:table-column column-width="9.06cm"/>
      ><fo:table-column column-width="9.06cm"/>
      ><fo:table-body font-family="Helvetica" font-weight="normal" font-
      >size="8pt">

      <snip/>

      This is where I think your problem is 9.06+9.06 = 18.12 > 16.0. In other
      words the width of the two columns is greater than the total width of the
      table, so every cell in the second column is deemed to overflow. And hence
      why you are getting the box overflow messages.

      http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger