how do I repeat a piece of text other than the header or footer

  • abhisheksanwal
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2003
      Anyone with XSL-FO experience

      In XSL-FO: how to repeat a piece of text from an element below the
      document header but only for the content pages included by that
      element ?

      Basically I have these tags:

      <Document>
      <Header…></>
      <Footer…></>
      <Chapter name = "Introduction">
      <Section SHeading = "Section1">
      <Paragraph>..

      Now in FO I am able to repeat the content from Header and footer using
      <xsl:before region … and the <fo: static-content …>

      The header and footer are "constant" throughout the document and
      present in the "page master".

      Now I want to show the Chapter Name just below the header and I
      thought of including it in the Header but
      the chapter names "change" after a range of page(s) depending on how
      much content was present in the

      I just want Chapter to "automatically" repeat for the range of its
      child content and not throughout the document.

      Any ideas please on how I could get XSL to do this for me ?

      Abhishek Sanwal
      HP - Houston Campus
      abhishek.sanwal@...
    • David Tolpin
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29, 2003
        > I just want Chapter to "automatically" repeat for the range of its
        > child content and not throughout the document.
        >
        > Any ideas please on how I could get XSL to do this for me ?

        fo:marker,fo:retrieve-marker