Re: [XSL-FO] space-after conditionality and precedence in Antenna House

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12 1:15 AM
      >From: "Chris Bowditch" <bowditch_chris@...>
      >
      > >From: "kathy_rainbolt" <rainbolt@...>
      >
      ><snip/>
      >

      > >Everything's great except there is no space after the block that has
      > >the figure title (The text for the next step is next and there is no
      > >space between). I'm not understanding why the space is not there if
      > >I have conditionality="retain". Am I not understanding
      > >conditionality and precedence correctly?
      > >

      >Hi Kathy,
      >
      >I took your FO and placed some text after the Figure title in another
      >fo:block, and it appeared 24pt below. That was using RenderX's XEP. You
      >didnt say what processor you are using.

      Apologies Kathy, I didnt see the end of the title of your message, which
      clearly says you are using Antenna House. My mail client was truncating it,
      until I enlarged the window.

      >Your FO looks okay, only one minor suggestion if you want to force a
      >space-after, then use space-after.precedence="force" instead of a big
      >number.
      >
      >I can't say more without seeing the FO of the text that appears after the
      >figure title, you might be doing something wrong there. Please post it for
      >comment,
      >
      >Chris

      >Sign-up for a FREE BT Broadband connection today!
      >http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband

    • Tomoko Mayumi
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 12 2:19 AM
        Dear Kathy Rainbolt,

        I E-mailed from the support to you.
        It asked for the reference to the QandA page.
        > When space of list-item is used, it is necessary to take care.
        > Please refer to [No. 1129200201] [11-29-2002] in the ' XSLT/XSL-FO Technics ' category of the Q&A page.
        > http://www.antenna.co.jp/xml/FAQ/En/Win/XSLQA.HTM

        However, add the following because it is an insufficient explanation on our QandA page.

        It is as follows in "6.8.3 fo:list-item" of the XSL-FO specification.
        The block-progression-dimension of the content-rectangle
        of an area generated by the fo:list-item is just large enough
        so that the allocation-rectangles of all its child areas are
        contained in it.
        In particular, the space-before and space-after of the child
        areas have no effect on the spacing of the list item.
        For purposes of the block-stacking constraints the areas
        generated by fo:list-item are treated as if there they
        have a fence preceding and a fence following them.

        This is to make the size of the area that fo:list-item makes
        the size of allocation-rectangle of the area of the content.
        Allocation-rectangle of block-area contains neither space-before nor
        space-after( Refer to 4.2.3 Geometric Definitions).
        And, space-before and space-after in list item are written that it
        doesn't influence the spacing of list item.
        In a word, it is necessary to disregard such space.

        Therefore, space-before and space-after specified for block
        in list-item are disregarded.

        Please specify space-before/space-after to fo:list-item instead of fo:block.

        Regards,
        Tomoko Mayumi
        E-Mail tomoko@...
        XSL Group