Need help with PDF File creation

  • Jignesh Shah
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2003

      I use the following code to generate my pdf in a servlet. There are two
      problems here:
      1. I see the file in the directory but when I access it, it gives me
      Sharing Violation error. If I logout of my Form Based Authentication
      implemented (Servlet is in that system) system I am able to access the
      pdf correctly. Does anybody know how I can release the file once the
      file has been generated
      2. After getting the FileOutputStream it starts writing to the file. At
      the same time it generates a "socket connection reset by peer
      exception". I don't know why this exception is generated. It might be
      with the popup window which closes down after passing the information to
      a servlet which in turn dispatches the below servlet to generate the pdf

      Any help is appreciated

      Thank you

      Jignesh

      public void renderXML(Document xmlsource, InputStream xslobj, String
      file_is)
      throws ServletException {

      FileOutputStream fout = null;
      System.getProperty("file.separator");
      String sep = System.getProperty("file.separator");

      File dir = new File("c:" + sep + "Email PDF");
      if(!dir.exists())
      {
      dir.mkdirs();
      }
      System.out.println("New File Dir is : " + dir);

      File file = new File(dir,file_is);

      try
      {
      fout = new FileOutputStream(file);
      }
      catch(IOException ioe)
      {
      ioe.printStackTrace();
      }

      try
      {
      Driver driver = new Driver();
      driver.setLogger(log);
      driver.setOutputStream(fout);
      driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);
      Transformer
      transformer=TransformerFactory.newInstance().newTransformer(new
      StreamSource(xslobj));
      transformer.transform(new JDOMSource(xmlsource), new
      SAXResult(driver.getContentHandler()));

      fout.flush();
      if (fout !=null)
      fout.close();