Re: [XSL-FO] Re: applying diff styles/formatting to an xml element in diff parts of XMLDoc:HOWTO

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2003
      >From: "abhisheksanwal" <abhisheksanwal@...>

      <snip/>

      >Now what I have as the key difference is that an ATTRIBUTE of the
      >parent element is specific STRING.
      >
      >How could I used that specific attribute as the flag/selector to
      >apply different formatting to that child element.

      You can use the xsl:choose element within your template, e.g.

      (you didnt say what the name of your attribute is that determines the
      formatting to be applied to the SectionHeader element, so Ive assumed its
      called style below)

      <xsl:template match="SectionHeader">
      <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="@style='style1'">
      <!-- put your FO for style1 here -->
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:when test="@style='style2'">
      <!-- put your FO for style2 here -->
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
      <!-- put your default FO (with no style) here -->
      </xsl:otherwise>
      </xsl:choose>
      </xsl:template>

      http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess