XSLFormatter V2

  • W. Hugh Chatfield
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4 7:28 AM
      I am experiencing a curious thing with XSLFormatter V2. I have a
      table cell(heading at top of page) in which I place "Page x of N"
      (in English and French)..

      All seems well as the display comes up.. but as I scroll back and
      forth through the pages... this display shifts. Say I visit page
      15 - the first time the dislpay is fine.. the second time the
      characters overlap and get right justified in the cell.. and this
      behavior seems to shift with time.

      Short of a bug in XSLFormatter - can there be any valid reason for
      this behavior??

      Cheers...Hugh
      CyberSpace Industries 2000 Inc.
      XML Consulting and Training
      http://www.urbanmarket.com
      Visit Historic Perth Ontario http://all-about-perth.com
    • W. Eliot Kimber
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4 8:26 AM
        W. Hugh Chatfield wrote:

        > All seems well as the display comes up.. but as I scroll back and
        > forth through the pages... this display shifts. Say I visit page
        > 15 - the first time the dislpay is fine.. the second time the
        > characters overlap and get right justified in the cell.. and this
        > behavior seems to shift with time.

        I assume you're talking about the preview display. I've noticed that
        this display is not 100% representative of what the final composed
        version will be. For example, characters that overlap in the preview
        (that shouldn't by the FO coding) will not overlap in the rendered PDF.

        In general, I always generate a PDF to check the formatting, using the
        preview only as a first check.

        Cheers,

        E.
        --