how to make my pdf writeable?

  • sukkutty_2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2003
      Hi ,

      I have generated successfully my pfd using FOP. I would like to give
      2 places user interactive, user should be able to enter some values
      there. currently my resul pdf is a readonly one , though I am not
      doing specifically anything for it. please find my transfer code.

      try{
      m_log.info("starting tranfroming to PDF");
      org.apache.fop.apps.Driver driver = new
      org.apache.fop.apps.Driver();
      driver.setRenderer(org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.RENDER_PDF);
      driver.setInputSource(new InputSource(new ByteArrayInputStream
      (foStream.toByteArray())));
      driver.setOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(PDFFilename));
      driver.run();
      m_log.info("PDF file Generated for htm file !" +
      foStream.toByteArray() + " as file " + foStream );
      } catch (FileNotFoundException e){
      m_log.error("Error! FileNotFoundException " + e);
      return e+"";
      } catch (IOException e){
      m_log.error("Error! IOException " + e);
      return e+"";
      } catch (org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException e){
      m_log.error("Error! FOPException " + e);
      return e+"";
      } catch (Exception e){
      m_log.error("Error! Unknown exceprion raised " + e);
      return e+"";
      }

      could anybody come up with some suggestions please?

      thanks a lot in advance. I really need it.

      regards
      sudha