Setting PDF XMP metadata

  • dctm_xml
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2003
      Dear All, I would appreciate if someone could throw light on how
      to achieve the following:
      I am generating PDF files from XML documents using XSL:FO and Apache
      FOP 0.20.5. The resultant PDF is stored in a repository. When the
      user of that repository views that document through another
      application, an error is thrown since apparently FOP does not set the
      XMP metadata on the generated PDF. So, when I right-click on the PDF
      flie and go to the PDF properties tab, this is what I see:
      Producer: <blank>
      Created date: <blank>
      Modified date: <blank>
      Optimized: No

      I am aware that I can use PDFRenderer.setProducer() to set the
      Producer property, but the viewing application is expecting the
      Creation and Modified dates, regardless of whether Producer is set or
      not.

      HOW CAN I SET THE "CREATION DATE" and "MODIFIED DATE" XMP metadata ?
      FOP is installed on a Unix server and a Java class calls the driver
      to render the PDF.

      Thanks.

      - Venkat