centering tables

  • jeffhoran
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 28, 2003
      I'm using Stylus4.6's build-in Apache FOP.

      I tried using <fo:table-and-caption> to center the table, but it only
      made my table disappear. I'd be happy just to indent 1 in if i could
      figure that out. Table code is below.

      Thanks ahead. PS: Thanks Ken for the last help. :)

      <xsl:template match="CategoryLimit">
      <fo:table width="5in" border-collapse="collapse" space-
      after=".3in">
      <fo:table-column/>
      <fo:table-column/>
      <fo:table-header>
      <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell number-columns-spanned="2"
      padding-top="1pt" padding-bottom="1pt" border-bottom-style="solid"
      border-bottom-width="2px" border-start-style="solid" border-start-
      width="1px" border-end-style="solid" border-end-width="1px" border-
      top-style="solid" border-top-width="2px">
      <fo:block text-align="center" font-
      weight="bold">
      <xsl:value-of select="@name"/>
      </fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>
      </fo:table-header>
      <fo:table-body>
      <xsl:for-each select="*">
      <xsl:if test="position() mod 2 != 0">
      <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell padding-top="1pt"
      padding-bottom="1pt" border-bottom-style="solid" border-bottom-
      width="2px" border-start-style="solid" border-start-width="1px"
      border-end-style="solid" border-end-width="1px" border-top-
      style="solid" border-top-width="2px">
      <fo:block>
      <xsl:value-of select="@name"/>
      </fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      <fo:table-cell padding-top="1pt"
      padding-bottom="1pt" border-bottom-style="solid" border-bottom-
      width="2px" border-start-style="solid" border-start-width="1px"
      border-end-style="solid" border-end-width="1px" border-top-
      style="solid" border-top-width="2px">
      <fo:block>
      <xsl:value-of
      select="following-sibling::*/@name"/>
      </fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>
      </xsl:if>
      </xsl:for-each>
      </fo:table-body>
      </fo:table>
      </xsl:template>
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 29, 2003
        >From: "jeffhoran" <jeffhoran@...>
        >
        >I'm using Stylus4.6's build-in Apache FOP.
        >
        >I tried using <fo:table-and-caption> to center the table, but it only
        >made my table disappear. I'd be happy just to indent 1 in if i could
        >figure that out. Table code is below.

        <snip/>

        <fo:table-and-caption> isnt implemented in FOP. To centre a table using FOP,
        nest your table in the cell of an out blind table (i.e. one without borders
        defined) Something like;

        <fo:table>
        <fo:table-column number="1" width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
        <fo:table-column number="2" width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
        <fo:table-column number="3" width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
        <fo:table-body>
        <fo:table-row>
        <fo:table-cell><fo:block> </fo:block></fo:table-cell>
        <fo:table-cell><fo:block>
        <!-- place your table here -->
        </fo:block></fo:table-cell>
        <fo:table-cell><fo:block> </fo:block></fo:table-cell>
        </fo:table-row>
        </fo:table-body>
        </fo:table>

        If you want a caption just below your table you can put an extra row in the
        outer table.

        http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess
      • Chaim Makarov
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 30, 2003
          Does anybody recommend a tool or XSLT to convert FO to
          HTML (XHTML). FOP used to support it on early releases
          but as far as i understand, droped the support. I am
          looking for something to convert RTF to XHTML. Look
          like RTF2FO workes. Now i need to find a reliable or
          customizable tool to convert FO to XHTML, unless
          somebody knows about a tool that will convert RTF to XHTML.

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 30, 2003
            At 2003-07-30 06:27 -0700, Chaim Makarov wrote:
            >Does anybody recommend a tool or XSLT to convert FO to
            >HTML (XHTML).

            In my UBL forms presentation project I use the fo2html.xsl stylesheet
            written by Nikolai and found at the RenderX site:

            http://www.renderx.com/fo2html.html

            By going from XML -> XSL-FO -> HTML I guarantee consistent display between
            the two renderings by not having two separate stylesheets. There isn't
            often a need for this, but for these UBL documents this seemed the best way
            to go for the initial version.

            I hope this helps.

            ......................... Ken

            --
            Upcoming hands-on courses: in-house corporate training available;
            North America public: XSL-FO Aug 4,2003; XSLT/XPath Aug 12, 2003

            ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
            ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
            ISBN 1-894049-11-X Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
            Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners: http://XMLGuild.info
          • Chaim Makarov
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 30, 2003
              Thank a lot, i will check it out.

              --- "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@...>
              wrote:
              > At 2003-07-30 06:27 -0700, Chaim Makarov wrote:
              > >Does anybody recommend a tool or XSLT to convert FO
              > >HTML (XHTML).
              >
              > In my UBL forms presentation project I use the
              > fo2html.xsl stylesheet
              > written by Nikolai and found at the RenderX site:
              >
              > http://www.renderx.com/fo2html.html
              >
              > By going from XML -> XSL-FO -> HTML I guarantee
              > consistent display between
              > the two renderings by not having two separate
              > stylesheets. There isn't
              > often a need for this, but for these UBL documents
              > this seemed the best way
              > to go for the initial version.
              >
              > I hope this helps.
              >
              > ......................... Ken
              >

              > --
              > Upcoming hands-on courses: in-house corporate
              > training available;
              > North America public: XSL-FO Aug 4,2003; XSLT/XPath
              > Aug 12, 2003
              >
              > G. Ken Holman
              > mailto:gkholman@...
              > Crane Softwrights Ltd.
              > http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
              > Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0
              > +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
              > ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive
              > XSLT and XPath
              > ISBN 0-13-140374-5
              > Definitive XSL-FO
              > ISBN 1-894049-08-X Practical Transformation Using
              > XSLT and XPath
              > ISBN 1-894049-11-X Practical Formatting
              > Using XSL-FO
              > Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:
              > http://XMLGuild.info
              > Male Breast Cancer Awareness
              > http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/bc

              http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
            • tokukobayashi2002
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003
                Hi !

                I may not understand your needs correctly, but Antenna House
                releases Word doc(binary) to HTML+CSS. It runs on Win, Solaris,
                Linux.

                If you are interested, please check here:

                http://www.antennahouse.com/DMCHTML/htmlfilter_index.html

                Regards,

                --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, Chaim Makarov <cmakarov@y...> wrote:
                > Does anybody recommend a tool or XSLT to convert FO to
                > HTML (XHTML). FOP used to support it on early releases
                > but as far as i understand, droped the support. I am
                > looking for something to convert RTF to XHTML. Look
                > like RTF2FO workes. Now i need to find a reliable or
                > customizable tool to convert FO to XHTML, unless
                > somebody knows about a tool that will convert RTF to XHTML.

                > http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
              • Chaim Makarov
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003
                  tokukobayashi2002 <koba@...> wrote:Hi !