Re: [XSL-FO] Displaying Date in PDF

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2003
      At 2003-07-23 23:59 -0700, Rajendra S Rawat wrote:
      >how can we print 'pdf creation date/system date'
      > using xsl:fo?

      There are no XSL-FO 1.0 facilities to do so, though of course vendors may
      offer this through custom extensions that are not portable.

      This subject has arisen in EXSLFO http://exslfo.sf.net discussions in the
      past, but without a concerted specification yet in place.

      In the last week I have totally revamped my electronic book publishing
      process away from commercial tools to using the free iText library that Rob
      so kindly referred us to in the
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/XSL-FO/message/3756 posting. Using Python
      calling Jython (thanks Eliot for pointing me to http://www.jython.org and
      teaching me about that) one can have access to *any* Java library from
      Python. I created an XML vocabulary for PDF file concatenation and
      manipulation in order to reproduce the 14 different published versions of
      each electronic book. Part of that is the setting of the meta data
      components of a PDF file.

      I hope this helps.

      --
      Upcoming hands-on courses: in-house corporate training available;
      North America public: XSL-FO Aug 4,2003; XSLT/XPath Aug 12, 2003

      ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
      ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
      ISBN 1-894049-11-X Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
      Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners: http://XMLGuild.info