Upcoming public day of training; good to see new users of XSL-FO

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2003
      Hi folks!

      It was wonderful to see so many new users of XSL-FO asking questions on the
      list this morning.

      Be sure to check out the different companies that are offering XSL-FO
      training, especially the following who have a rich background in markup
      (going back to SGML days):

      - http://www.isogen.com - taught by Eliot
      - http://www.mulberrytech.com - taught by Tommie, Debbie and Wendell
      - http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f - taught by myself

      The upcoming Extreme Markup conference is coming up in just two weeks, and
      I'm delivering a day-long hands-on introductory XSL-FO course in Montréal
      at that conference. Registration is still open so you may wish to attend.

      We also offer on-site corporate training and public training. We deliver 1
      or 3 days of XSLT, and 1, 2, or 3 days of XSL-FO. In the last few weeks we
      delivered a public 5-day and a private 5-day combination pair of courses
      where attendees

      By Simon St. Laurent, a well-respected XML Community member:

      Practical Transformation Using XSLT/XPath:
      Day 1 - http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3339
      Day 2 - http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3345
      Day 3 - http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3350

      Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO:
      Day 4 - http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3356
      Day 5 - http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3363

      By Rob Stote, Whitehill Technologies, Inc:

      The Norwegian XML User Group hosted us in Oslo last February and we are
      considering an autumn repeat delivery coming up. I've also taught XSL-FO
      to the UK User Group. If you are a member of a user group, you might
      consider talking to your group administrator regarding hosting a delivery
      for members in order to share the delivery costs. Our web site has a
      history of all our past deliveries of XML training.

      There is also a link on our web site regarding our credentials.

      Don't stop asking questions on the mail list ... there are a number of
      people who will contribute answers.

      --
      Upcoming hands-on courses: in-house corporate training available;
      North America public: XSL-FO Aug 4,2003; XSLT/XPath Aug 12, 2003

      ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
      ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
      ISBN 1-894049-11-X Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
      Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners: http://XMLGuild.info