Spanning rows in the first cell

  • vvelu
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 17 12:43 PM
      Folks:

      I have a table with the following layout

      | Col1 | Col2 | Col3 | Col4 | Col5 | Col6|
      +-------+------+------+------+------+-----+
      | 123 | 123 | 123 | abc | asdd | vbdg|
      |-------+------+------+------+------+-----+
      |Some description | qwer | 123g | lslk|
      |spans 2 rows and 3 |------+------+-----+
      |Columns | blah | blah | blah|
      |---------------------+------+------+-----+
      | and so on.........

      The critical requirement is based on certain conditions the first
      cell can span TWO ROWS and three columns. This supposedly can be
      achieved by the following code snippet:

      <fo:table-row>
      <fo:table-cell border="solid black .75px"
      number-rows-spanned="2" number-columns-spanned="3">
      <fo:block>
      <xsl:value-of select="condition"/>
      </fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>

      However, the FOP throws an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException, which, I
      think is a valid exception because the second row has not been
      created yet (the XSL however, says span to the row that is not
      created).

      I think there has to be a solution for a trivial issue like this. I
      would greatly appreciate the discussion group's help to solve this.

      Thanks
      Sam Velu
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18 1:19 AM
        >From: "vvelu" <vvelu@...>
        >
        >Folks:

        <snip/>

        >The critical requirement is based on certain conditions the first
        >cell can span TWO ROWS and three columns. This supposedly can be
        >achieved by the following code snippet:

        ><fo:table-row>
        > <fo:table-cell border="solid black .75px"
        > number-rows-spanned="2" number-columns-spanned="3">
        > <fo:block>
        > <xsl:value-of select="condition"/>
        > </fo:block>
        > </fo:table-cell>
        ></fo:table-row>
        >
        >However, the FOP throws an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException, which, I
        >think is a valid exception because the second row has not been
        >created yet (the XSL however, says span to the row that is not
        >created).

        How have you defined the table columns? FOP often throws this exception if
        the columns havent been defined properly. Check that you have defined all
        the columns that you need before using them. What version of FOP are you
        using?

      • vvelu
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 18 10:22 AM
          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Bowditch" <bowditch_chris@h...>
          wrote:
          > <snip/>
          >

          > >The critical requirement is based on certain conditions the first
          > >cell can span TWO ROWS and three columns. This supposedly can be
          > >achieved by the following code snippet:

          > ><fo:table-row>
          > > <fo:table-cell border="solid black .75px"
          > > number-rows-spanned="2" number-columns-spanned="3">
          > > <fo:block>
          > > <xsl:value-of select="condition"/>
          > > </fo:block>
          > > </fo:table-cell>
          > ></fo:table-row>
          > >
          > >However, the FOP throws an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException, which, I
          > >think is a valid exception because the second row has not been
          > >created yet (the XSL however, says span to the row that is not
          > >created).
          > >

          > How have you defined the table columns? FOP often throws this
          exception if
          > the columns havent been defined properly. Check that you have
          defined all
          > the columns that you need before using them. What version of FOP
          are you
          > using?
          ---snip---

          Yes, I have defined the necessary columns. The problem occurs only
          when I include the number-rows-spanned="2". The FOP version I use is
          0.20.4.

          Thanks
          Sam Velu
        • vvelu
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
            This is a problem of FOP 0.20.4. The same code works as expected
            with the version 0.20.5.

            Thanks
            Sam Velu