Including an existing pdf file in xsl:fo

  • Drake, Mark
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2003
      Hello,

      I have an existing pdf file that I want to include in the pdf file my web app is creating using xsl:fo. Any ideas how to do this?

      Thanks,
      Mark
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 2003
        At 2003-07-15 10:34 -0500, Drake, Mark wrote:
        >I have an existing pdf file that I want to include in the pdf file my web
        >app is creating using xsl:fo. Any ideas how to do this?

        Rob Stote gave us some pointers to PDF manipulation tools yesterday:

        I've been working with them with great results since his post, using Eliot
        Kimber's trick of writing in Python and using Jython to access the Java
        library.

        I'm almost finished an XML-driven PDF assembly tool geared for assembling
        my training materials from the PDF files created by XSL-FO.

        It is a very useful library! Thanks, Rob!

        --
        Upcoming hands-on courses: in-house corporate training available;
        North America public: XSL-FO Aug 4,2003; XSLT/XPath Aug 12, 2003

        ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
        ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
        ISBN 1-894049-11-X Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
        Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners: http://XMLGuild.info