Ken Holman Training

  • Rob Stote
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2003
      To all those interested.

      I (and 10 of my colleagues) have just completed a week of training
      with Ken Holman. My company (Whitehill Technologies) invited Ken in to give
      Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO, and Practical Transformation Using XSLT
      and XPATH in house. What follows is a quick summary of my experience and
      what I thought of the material. For those who can, I HIGHLY recommend taking
      these courses. If you are at all using XSLT, XSL-FO, and/or XPATH these two
      courses are worth a look.

      The layout of the course was incredible, Ken would lecture, then we
      had real world examples to complete. All the examples that were conducted in
      the class were pulled straight from Ken's real world experiences, most of
      which we could relate to. We started off with a real dive into the
      technologies, and how XSL - XSLT and XSL-FO work "what going on under the
      hood". From there we moved into covering the various aspects of the
      specifications, with real class room examples/exercises to tie it all
      together. The course can get technical and theoretical at times, but Ken
      ties it all together with his examples/exercises. Ken allows ample time for
      the examples/exercises so fear not newbies you will not get left behind. Ken
      encouraged questions, in fact he challenged us to stump him. Like I said we
      had newbies up to people who had been exposed to the technologies for quite
      a while. Everybody took something from the course.

      We were fortunate to have our company pay to have Ken come in-house.
      For a list of courses, materials and schedule visit his website:
      http://www.cranesoftwrights.com/

      Thank You Ken, it was a privilege.

      Rob Stote