Re: Is there anyway to display a page number by passing an idref?

  • jeffhoran
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7 9:47 AM
      I'm trying to generate a page number instead of a basic-link. As we
      all know, pdf is great on a pc, but page-number generation in a TOC
      or table would be nice. Is there a way to so that?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7 11:14 AM
        At 2003-07-07 16:47 +0000, jeffhoran wrote:
        >I'm trying to generate a page number instead of a basic-link. As we
        >all know, pdf is great on a pc, but page-number generation in a TOC
        >or table would be nice. Is there a way to so that?

        <page-number-citation ref-id="==id of area in area tree=="/>

        The placement of the referenced ID is the same as you would do for a
        basic-link.

        The object is replaced by the glyphs needed to accommodate the characters
        of the page number in the inherited properties of the citation formatting
        object.

        Where did you look in the Recommendation expecting to find it and determine
        that such a facility wasn't available? It is important to know how people
        are regarding the content of the Recommendation, so if it wasn't where you
        were expecting it, perhaps information needs to be added to the
        Recommendation so that you would have found it.

        I hope this helps.

        --
        Upcoming hands-on courses: in-house corporate training available;
        North America public: XSL-FO Aug 4,2003; XSLT/XPath Aug 12, 2003

        ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
        ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
        ISBN 1-894049-11-X Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
        Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners: http://XMLGuild.info