RE: [XSL-FO] What are the good parameters in order to scale an image

  • Ian Tindale
    Message 1 of 9 , May 10, 2001

      ...is there an English version?
    • Pierre Attar
      Message 2 of 9 , May 10, 2001
        At 10:55 10/05/2001, you wrote:
> [...]

        Only one page describing the project :
        http://www.mutu-xml.org/xml-base/annonces/PUB-ANN1-EN.html

      • John E. Simpson
        Message 3 of 9 , May 10, 2001
          Pierre Attar wrote:

          > I'm using FOP to format documents containing images fot the non profit
          > french web site "mutu-xml" [1]. It seems that there is a bug in the 0.18
          > version because if the image is larger thant the maximum page boxes, fop
          > start an infinite page loop, crashing as soon as it becomes out of memory.

          > two questions :
          > - 1 - Theorically, I don't understand how is it possible to do using
          > scaling, content-width, content-height attributes of the external-graphic
          > FO element ;
          > - 2 - Pratically, I've tried different thing within FOP and nothing works.
          > Does it means that it is not yet implemented ? Does it means bug ? Or
          > simply does it goes to the first question that is not solved ? If someone
          > have done this stuff, is it possible to get some explained samples ?

          I never managed to crash FOP -- at least, this way! On the other hand, I
          never tried using a graphic bigger than the page size (is that what you
          meant by "maximum page boxes"?).

          I don't have FOP here at the day job, so I can't test this myself, but
          you might try using the overflow trait on your external-graphic FO. You
          can specify to clip a too-large image using overflow="hidden", while
          overflow="scroll" means tge user agent (UA) is to provide scroll bars as
          needed for viewing the overflow portions of the image. The trait is
          supposed to apply to visual media only. (If rendering to print,
          overflow="scroll" wouldn't seem to make much sense.) Might be worth a try.

          John E. Simpson | "I accidentally installed the deer
          http://www.flixml.org | whistles on my car backwards. Now
          XML Q&A: www.xml.com | everywhere I go, I'm chased by deer."
          | (Steven Wright)
        • Pierre Attar
          Message 4 of 9 , May 10, 2001
            >I never managed to crash FOP -- at least, this way! On the other hand, I
            >never tried using a graphic bigger than the page size (is that what you
            >meant by "maximum page boxes"?).

            Yes, it is exactely what I mean. I use the boxe wording just because the
            graphic is larger than page height and width minus all margins.
            My problem is that I'm using FOP for PDF rendering. Therefore, scrolling
            features will not be usefull.