Re: [XSL-FO] Digest Number 662

  • Velusamy (Sam) Velu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2003
      This appears to be a PATH issue. The directory containing the fop.bat is not in the PATH or one of the commands contained in fop.bat is not in the PATH.

      Thanks
      Velu

      XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. RE: Bad Command error running FOP - beginners question
      From: "Victor Mote"

      Message: 1
      Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 12:16:07 -0600
      From: "Victor Mote"
      Subject: RE: Bad Command error running FOP - beginners question

      bellsterg wrote:

      > I am encountering problems running fop-0.20.5rc using the fop.bat
      > file supplied as part of the install. I am a windows 98 user (2nd
      > Edition).

      It is awkward to give FOP support here because this list is intended for a
      wider audience. See the following link for information about getting FOP
      support (including a mailing list for FOP users):
      http://xml.apache.org/fop/gethelp.html

      > I get a "Bad Command or File Name" when I run the fop.bat (from DOS
      > and from the correct fop directory). I am pretty sure there is a
      > problem with the classpaths in the fop.bat, but I am unable to
      > resolve it.

      "Bad Command or File Name" is probably coming from Windows not Java, so it
      is unlikely to be a classpath problem. If you haven't already, look at the
      doc for running FOP:
      http://xml.apache.org/fop/running.html

      You'll need to look at the rest of the error message to determine whether it
      is fop.bat or java that the OS can't find, then adjust your current
      directory and/or PATH accordingly. If that doesn't help, please raise an
      issue on fop-user with the details, and you'll no doubt get some good help.

      Victor Mote

      Thanks

      Velusamy (Sam) Velu
      Object Express, Inc.