FOP Issue in iPlanet (SUNOne) Application Server

  • niranj_m
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2003
      Hi !
      I am having a problem when I use FOP 0.20.4 in application server
      (iPlanet App Server).

      The same xsl is running correctly and generating PDF without a
      problem and all the alignments, text boxes, boxes and others are
      displayed without any problem on iPlanet web server.We are using FOP
      0.18.4 for the web server.

      The same when we use FOP 0.20.4 for the App server (As FOP 0.18.4 is
      not supported for web server), all the alignmen of text box, text,
      boxes and other things are hapazard in PDF.

      We have done all the R & D on this and not able to find out the exact
      problem why the FOP 0.20.4 does not support fo:table-row tag and
      everything has to be defined at fo:table-cell level.Also the
      deviation is so much and we have to spend a lot of time correcting
      the documents itself from the web server version to app server
      version.

      Please do suggest if there is any better way of doing generation of
      these documents, so that our generation of documents becomes easier
      though the change from web server to app server is done and it does
      not affect in any way about the alignment and also representation.

      Thank's a lot

      With regards & prayers
      Niranjan