Re: [XSL-FO] grouping...

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2003
      At 2003-06-12 17:00 +0000, you wrote:
      >given the following example, I'd like a way to create two tables, one
      >with a table header that groups all <messages> together and one table
      >below it with a table header that groups all <substitutions>.
      >Currently my fo will read down the xml and create a new table with
      >header for the first messages node and then create a new table for
      >the substitutions node and then create yet another table for the next
      >messages node.

      It sounds from your evidence as if you are trying create the table in the
      processing of <messages> and <substitutions> ... which isn't what you want.

      Move your <table> and <table-body> creation to the processing of <dp> and
      the first <table-cell> and <lastname> into the second <table-cell>.

      One is not obliged to create the entire table contents in a single template
      ... structure your template processing such that you have control over
      where the tables are started and then where they are filled.

      I hope this helps.

      --
      Upcoming hands-on courses: (registration still open!)
      - (XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO) North America: June 16-20, 2003

      ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
      ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
      ISBN 1-894049-11-X Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
      Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners: http://XMLGuild.info