XSLTC, FO, and Java

  • bubbajodog
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2003
      Newbie question:

      I need to compile an XSL for performance reasons. My question is, can
      I compile a fo xsl file and create a pdf in Java?

      Thanks for any help!
    • Roland Neilands
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2003
        > I need to compile an XSL for performance reasons.
        Not sure what you mean. XSLT may be converted to XSL-FO in advance using any
        XSL processor, which you probably already have & use as part of the FO
        processor anyway. No real gains there.

        > My question is, can
        > I compile a fo xsl file and create a pdf in Java?
        FOP can be run embedded in a Java app.
        http://xml.apache.org/fop/

        Regards,
        Roland