Hi

  • Jignesh Shah
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2003

      I am currently facing two issues
      1. I am unable to set proper margins for my region-body. It overlaps the
      header and footer. I need to assign 3cm for my region-before and 1cm for
      my region-after. The region-body should than go to the next page if it
      dose not fit inside the layout area.

      2. I am trying to have a different header and footer for my first page
      and rest of the pages. Can somebody please help me (show examples or
      links) to writing multiple page-sequences. One for the first page and
      the other for the rest of the pages.

      Attached is my current layout-master and page-sequence

      <xsl:template match="PatientData/PatientInfo">

      <fo:layout-master-set>
      <fo:simple-page-master master-name="ProgressNote"
      xsl:use-attribute-sets="page.attrib">
      <fo:region-body margin-top ="5cm"/>
      <fo:region-before extent="3cm"/>
      <fo:region-after extent="0.5cm"/>
      </fo:simple-page-master>

      <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="ProgressNote_pm">
      <fo:repeatable-page-master-reference master-name="ProgressNote"/>
      </fo:page-sequence-master>
      </fo:layout-master-set>

      <fo:page-sequence master-reference="ProgressNote">

      <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
      <fo:block>
      <xsl:call-template name="ProgessNoteHeader"/>
      </fo:block>
      </fo:static-content>

      <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">
      <fo:block text-align="center">
      <fo:page-number/>
      </fo:block>
      </fo:static-content>

      <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
      <fo:block>
      <xsl:call-template name="ProgressNoteBody"/>
      </fo:block>
      </fo:flow>

      </fo:page-sequence>

      </fo:root>
      </xsl:template>

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2003
        At 2003-06-05 10:03 -0400, Jignesh Shah wrote:
        >1. I am unable to set proper margins for my region-body. It overlaps the
        >header and footer. I need to assign 3cm for my region-before and 1cm for
        >my region-after. The region-body should than go to the next page if it
        >dose not fit inside the layout area.

        Add margins to your region-body to cover each of the extents of the
        perimeter regions you use. There is no automatic exclusion of regions from
        each other, it is up to you to set the inside boundaries of the body to be
        away from the perimeter regions.

        >2. I am trying to have a different header and footer for my first page
        >and rest of the pages. Can somebody please help me (show examples or
        >links) to writing multiple page-sequences. One for the first page and
        >the other for the rest of the pages.

        <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="firstAndRest">
        <fo:single-page-master-reference master-name="first"/>
        <fo:repeatable-page-master-reference master-name="rest"/>
        </fo:page-sequence-master>

        I hope this helps.

        --
        Upcoming hands-on courses: (registration still open!)
        - (XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO) North America: June 16-20, 2003

        ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
        ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
        ISBN 1-894049-11-X Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
        Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners: http://XMLGuild.info