Question on text alignment

  • Desai, Prasad (GECP, OTHER, 528512)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2003

      I am new to XSL:FO and I have some questions. I want to arrange all teh
      items in a block container to be left justified, and right aligned,
      vertically-aligned center. Please see the attached image for what I want.

      Thanks,
      Prasad Desai

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2003
        At 2003-06-05 05:20 -0400, Desai, Prasad (GECP, OTHER, 528512) wrote:
        >I am new to XSL:FO and I have some questions.

        Welcome!

        >I want to arrange all teh
        >items in a block container to be left justified, and right aligned,

        I'm not sure what you mean by both "left justified and right aligned" at
        the same time ... if you mean justified from end to end on each line, then
        text-align="justify" will apply to all of the lines except for the last
        line of the block. To also justify the last line of the block you also
        need text-align-last="justify".

        >vertically-aligned center.

        Use display-align= for alignment in the block-progression direction.

        >Please see the attached image for what I want.

        As I learned last week when I tried to post an image, attachments are not
        allowed in this mail list.

        There is a very handy (at least I tried to make it that way and it has been
        for me) hyperlinked reference of all properties and the formatting objects
        to which they apply at the back of the free download preview of our book,
        linked from the top of our home page noted below.

        I hope this helps.

        --
        Upcoming hands-on courses: (registration still open!)
        - (XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO) North America: June 16-20, 2003

        ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
        ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
        ISBN 1-894049-11-X Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
        Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners: http://XMLGuild.info