Re: Problem loading images in PDF with FOP

  • abhisheksanwal
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2003
      I was informed by some guys at Chive.com (Apoc) that a URL starting
      with / was inappropriate. This is a quote of the email from him about
      FO and URLs in FO for embedding images into a resulting PDF.

      Quote:
      To get the sample working correctly I made the following changes to
      the FO:

      Changed the external-graphic src attribute from "url
      (/smallsample.images/pict0.jpg)" to url(smallsample.images/pict0.jpg)

      Any observations? Suggestions ?

      --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, John Walker <dtd2050@y...> wrote:
      > Hi all! I'm trying to transform an XSL-FO file to PDF in a servlet
      with
      > FOP embedded. I'm using FOP 0.20.4, JDK 1.4.0 and Tomcat 4.0.2.
      > Everything works, but when there's an image in the XSL-FO like this:
      >
      > <fo:external-graphic height="2cm" width="4.8cm"
      > src="/usr/local/web-datos/tomcat/images/ger.jpg"/>
      >
      > the next exception occurs:
      >
      > javax.servlet.ServletException: org/w3c/dom/svg/SVGDocument
      > at
      > org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException
      (PageContextImpl.java:463)
      > at
      > org.apache.jsp.muestraDocumentos$jsp._jspService
      (muestraDocumentos$jsp.java:104)
      > at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service
      (HttpJspBase.java:107)