Re: running page numbers

  • notable17
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
      --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@c...> wrote:
      > At 2003-06-03 16:46 +0000, notable17 wrote:
      > >--- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "notable17" <darryl_grimes@h...>
      > > > --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@c...>
      > >page
      > > > I guess I'm still unsure of how to use multiple dynamic page
      > > > sequences. My page sequence appears once in my xsl:
      > Then change the XSL to create a page-sequence for every invoice.
      > > > Is there a place I should be moving the page-sequence to in the
      > >xsl?
      > You don't show how you are processing invoices, but I'm assuming
      you have a
      > template rule that matches on invoice ... take the page-sequence
      out of the
      > template rule for the root node and move it into the template rule
      for the
      > invoice.
      > > > In the flow?
      > No. The flow is inside of each page-sequence.
      > >Pardon my ignorance and thanks in advance.
      > Review the reading and research you have already done in the basics
      > XSL-FO, then ignorance isn't an issue and finesse is all that is
      > needed. Mail lists are good places to learn quirks and techniques,
      but not
      > basics.
      > I hope this helps.
      Thanks for the help. I went back and revisited the basic structure
      of an xsl:fo document and realized that the tool that originally
      created the first xsl document had done a few odd things that I
      understood to be standard practice, such as putting only one template
      match in at the top of the doc and closing it at the end of the doc.
      The same was also done with the root tag as well. I moved them up to
      just after closing the layout master set and all worked much better.
      Thanks again.