Re: [XSL-FO] Re: running page numbers

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2003
      At 2003-06-03 16:46 +0000, notable17 wrote:
      >--- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "notable17" <darryl_grimes@h...> wrote:
      > > --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@c...>
      >wrote:
      > > > Put each invoice into a separate page sequence, restarting the
      >page
      > > > numbering at one for each page sequence.
      > > I guess I'm still unsure of how to use multiple dynamic page
      > > sequences. My page sequence appears once in my xsl:

      Then change the XSL to create a page-sequence for every invoice.

      > > Is there a place I should be moving the page-sequence to in the
      >xsl?

      You don't show how you are processing invoices, but I'm assuming you have a
      template rule that matches on invoice ... take the page-sequence out of the
      template rule for the root node and move it into the template rule for the
      invoice.

      > > In the flow?

      No. The flow is inside of each page-sequence.

      >Pardon my ignorance and thanks in advance.

      Review the reading and research you have already done in the basics of
      XSL-FO, then ignorance isn't an issue and finesse is all that is
      needed. Mail lists are good places to learn quirks and techniques, but not
      basics.

      I hope this helps.

      ................ Ken

      --
      Upcoming hands-on courses: (registration still open!)
      - (XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO) North America: June 16-20, 2003

      ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
      ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
      ISBN 1-894049-11-X Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
      Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners: http://XMLGuild.info
    • notable17
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2003
        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@c...> wrote:
        > At 2003-06-03 16:46 +0000, notable17 wrote:
        > >--- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "notable17" <darryl_grimes@h...>
        wrote:
        > > > --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@c...>
        > >page
        > > > I guess I'm still unsure of how to use multiple dynamic page
        > > > sequences. My page sequence appears once in my xsl:
        >
        > Then change the XSL to create a page-sequence for every invoice.
        >
        > > > Is there a place I should be moving the page-sequence to in the
        > >xsl?
        >
        > You don't show how you are processing invoices, but I'm assuming
        you have a
        > template rule that matches on invoice ... take the page-sequence
        out of the
        > template rule for the root node and move it into the template rule
        for the
        > invoice.
        >
        > > > In the flow?
        >
        > No. The flow is inside of each page-sequence.
        >
        > >Pardon my ignorance and thanks in advance.
        >
        > Review the reading and research you have already done in the basics
        of
        > XSL-FO, then ignorance isn't an issue and finesse is all that is
        > needed. Mail lists are good places to learn quirks and techniques,
        but not
        > basics.
        >
        > I hope this helps.

        Thanks for the help. I went back and revisited the basic structure
        of an xsl:fo document and realized that the tool that originally
        created the first xsl document had done a few odd things that I
        understood to be standard practice, such as putting only one template
        match in at the top of the doc and closing it at the end of the doc.
        The same was also done with the root tag as well. I moved them up to
        just after closing the layout master set and all worked much better.
        Thanks again.