RE: [XSL-FO] XSL and FO books????

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26, 2001

      At 01/04/25 11:58 -0700, Max Dunn wrote:
      >Would love to hear of additional FO resources.
      >As far as (XSLT) training, you might ask Crane Softwrights,
      >http://www.cranesoftwrights.com/training/ when they are coming to town.

      Please see the "Instructor-led training calendar" link from our home page
      for when we are training publicly around the world.

      Our next three XSLFO deliveries are a 90-minute lecture at SIGS XML One in
      Chicago, and a full-day hands-on tutorial at GCA XML Europe in Berlin (both
      in May), followed by a two-day hands-on tutorial in Ottawa in June.

      We delivered a full-day hands-on tutorial last week in Ottawa on private
      contract that was very successful.

      We will following the publishing pattern we developed with our "Practical
      Transformation Using XSLT and XPath" book that was derived from our
      training course of the same title. We develop the course, run it a few
      times to ensure the material meets the needs of the audience, then put the
      course material out for sale as a book. To ensure the book continues to
      meet the needs of users, we provide no-charge updates to all customers of
      the book and hone and grow the content based on the feedback from book
      buyers and course attendees. A new edition is published every four to six
      months and made freely available to all customers. A freely downloadable
      preview can be obtained from the web site.

      We plan our first edition of "Practical Formatting Using XSLFO" sometime
      mid-year based on the feedback from the four deliveries described
      above. If you have specific requirements in a book on this topic, please
      let us know and we can try to incorporate your needs into the material.

      Please contact us if you have any other questions.

      Another option is to check out the offerings from Mulberry Technologies at
      http://www.mulberrytech.com/ for what they teach in this area, as they are
      a very competent group of experts with an excellent reputation.

      Thanks!

      Web site: XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, training, products.
      Book: Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath ISBN 1-894049-06-3
      Article: What is XSLT? http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/08/holman/index.html
      Next public instructor-led training: 2001-05-01,05-14,05-15,05-16,
      - 05-17,05-21,05-22,06-18,06-21,07-20,07-21,09-19

      Training Blitz: 3-days XSLT/XPath, 2-days XSLFO in Ottawa 2001-06-18/22